About Me

My photo
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Fantasy Army Lists

I admit I'm not that great at writing army lists, which is why my Dwarves, Goblins, Necrons... I'll stop there, don't actually have one yet. The armies that I do have army lists for will be printed below but first some army backgrounds.

My High Elves were the first fantasy army I got and although I've found the models extremely challenging to paint compared to the rest of the things I have they are an extremely fun army to play with. Tactically speaking I'm not fond of horde armies, my Goblins exist purely because I like their theme but in terms of how they play I never could get comfortable with the mindset that my guy's will die in droves, but when you strike back you literally grab a plastic bag full of dice and cut it open with a knife whilst it's suspended over the table. Don't get me wrong they still require tactics (as do all armies) but I like my elite infantry forces as every loss is meaningful and I think more tactically when I keep that in mind. I find with my goblins I get careless thinking theirs plenty more where that came from then suddenly there isn't.

My High elves are led by the courageous Prince Illyanas 'The Dawns Blade' riding his griffon Arimaspi (Who's name originally belonged to a tribe from ancient Scythia who in mythology would steal the golden nests of griffons),  the wise Battle Mage Aenetticus 'The Winged Harbinger' who when captured by the Dark Elves was gifted by the god Aenarion with great golden wings and a horn that if blowed on would breath fire at the twisted and corrupt and finally the noble hero Ceridian 'The Sand Watcher' who discovered the hour glass of fate, a rare artifact that is filled with sand that never stops flowing unless the lives of those who treasure it are close to ending.


High Elf Army List
LORDS & HEROES
Prince Illianas ‘The Dawns Hammer’
Prince with lance, Dragon armour and Talisman of Loec, riding a Griffon.
375 points
Aenetticus the Winged Harbinger
Level 2 High Elf Mage.
135 points
Ceridian the Sand Watcher
Battle Standard Bearer (In this case The Hourglass of Fate) with Dragon armour, riding a barded Elven steed.
135 points

CORE
The Lothernian 2nd Reserve
20 Lothern Sea Guard with musician, standard bearer and Sea Master.
265 points
The Flying Thorns
10 Archers.
110 points
The Sky Crystals
10 Archers.
110 points
The Fire Spitters
10 Archers.
110 points

SPECIAL
The Riders of The Storm
5 Ellyrian Reavers with bows.
105 points
The Wielders of Sharpened Light
14 Sword Masters with musician, standard bearer and Bladelord with Amulet of Light.
255 points
The Mountain Watchers
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor with musician, standard bearer and Drakemaster.
200 points


RARE
Eagle Claws
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers.
200 points

Total:  2000 POINTS

My Empire army list is a little more basic in it's presentation as at the time I just wanted to get my thoughts typed up on to a word document, it's clarity is still perfect it's just not as pretty. In terms of armies most of mine are built around whatever models I could acquire cheap with a theme added on later for fun. This list occurred the other way around as I had firmly in my head the Theme of the army after I saw the Marco Columbo Model over at CoolMiniOrNot.com. After that I merely browsed around for models that I could easily modify and paint up in a Spanish explorer colour scheme as well as suitable parts for customisation.

As you have probably guessed by now the army is led by the charismatic explorer Marco Columbo who unlike his country men could never see eye to eye with horses and instead learnt to be mobile on foot and providing he is aware of the terrain in front of him, can easily get around quicker than a cavalry man could in the jungles of Lustria. Jeremiah Wilkins was asked to accompany the expedition and leave his work in Mordheim in order to raise the morale of the expeditions rank and file with his enthralling rhetoric. Finally Marco recognised in his earlier expedition that it is wise to bring along a familiar face and a man of the people, although he is often described as charming his wit and sophistication would only get him so far when commanding 20 mosquito bitten men who are facing starvation and being attacked by wild animals. Instead of commanding the expedition alone he brought along his trusted friend Captain Caliente Hortez who as well as being an effective leader is also an excellent tactician, which is always handy if the natives don't respond to diplomacy.


Lords and Hero's
Marco Culumbo (Captain of the Empire) – 74 points
·         Full Plate Armour
·         Shield
·         Barded Warhorse (I’m going to make a Native guide or some piece of scenery to fill out a cavalry base as Marco only comes on foot, that or pick a useful magic item for him instead)

Missionary Jeremiah Wilkins (Warrior Priest) - 98
·         Additional Hand Weapon
·         Heavy Armour

Captain Caliente Hortez (Captain of The Empire) - 74
·         Full Plate Armour
·         Shield
·         Barded Warhorse

Core Units –
Pirazzo’s Lost Legion - 120
·         Pirazzo (Sergeant)
·         19 Spearmen
·         Shields
·         Standard Bearer
·         Musician

Pirazzo’s Musketeer Detachment - 80
·         10 Handgunners

Bernardo & His Courageous Spearmen - 120
·         Sergeant Bernardo Tribiarni
·         19 Spearmen
·         Shields
·         Standard Bearer
·         Musician

Bernardo’s Arquebusier’s Detachment - 80
·         10 Handgunners


Jacinto Marichi’s Rodeleros - 139
·         Sergeant Jacinto Marichi
·         18 Swordsmen
·         Shields
·         Standard Bearer
·         Musician

Tobaroan Conquistadors - 362
·         Preceptor Juan Casiadore
·         14 Conquistadors (Knights)
·         Standard Bearer
·         Musician

Special Units
Rodrigoes’ Rapid Pistoliers - 90
·         Rodrigoe
·         4 Pistoliers

‘The Dying Sun’ - 100
·         Great Cannon

‘The Gold Rush’ - 100
·         Great Cannon

Total Points Cost – 1,513

No comments:

Post a Comment